How to Apply for NYSC State Redeployment

JEROME MICHAEL EBRUPHIYO Monday, August 9, 2021 Education


How to Apply for NYSC State Redeployment
Hi there! We are going to discuss about how to apply for NYSC state redeployment. This post is very important to corps members posted to places with security challenges or town very far from their home. This post will provide answers to questions like: How do I apply for redeployment in NYSC camp? How many times can I relocate in NYSC? How do I relocate on the NYSC portal? and How do I know if I relocate on the NYSC portal? what is NYSC redeployment? and also provide you with information on how to apply for NYSC state redeployment.

What is NYSC Redeployment?

NYSC Redeployment are the various steps involved in changing a corps member from the state of deployment to a more presumed comfortable state. Prospective corps members will always search for ways to work out their NYSC posting to a preferable state of their chosen. A few will be successful while others may not have enough money to carry it out. These latter set of people thus leave their hope into the hands of fate. It is possible for a corps members to redeploy from his or her State of deployment. But the chances are usually low except for some important reasons.

What are the conditions and requirements for redeployment?

The National Youth Service Corps will only consider requests that meet the requirements below:

1. Marital Ground

This is usually considered for female corps members who want to move to the state of residence of their husband. A corps member who wants to be relocated to another state, should after the Swearing-in Ceremony apply in his/her writing stating why he/she wants to be relocated. The application should be addressed to the Director-General through the State Coordinator. If you are applying on marital ground, you are to attach the following:
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Change of name in any of the National Newspaper
  • A letter from your husband’s office as an evidence that your husband is domiciled in the state you want to relocate to

2. Medical Ground

Another reason you can be allowed for redeployment or relocation is on medical ground. You will need a medical report from our institution’s medical Centre or a recognized General Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres, Military/Police Hospital reports. And claimed to medical case history are subject to further confirmation to establish their authenticity.

3. Security Ground

Security ground also permit a corps member to redeploy or relocate. There has been a security concern in the country and the trend of Boko haram is on the high-rise, most Northern states are not safe anymore like: Borno, Adamawa, Gombe, Yobe, every day we hear strange news about Boko haram, moving from one Northern states to the next. This actually breaks the heart of a prospective corps member when he/she sees their call up letter showing state of deployment Adamawa state. Parents won’t even allow their children to go to camp for the orientation exercise and even if they allow them go, their mind won’t be at rest and this is due to insecurity.

How can I redeploy/relocate while in NYSC Camp?

During the NYSC Orientation course in camp, Corpers interested in redeploying/relocating will be given the opportunity to apply for relocation. They'll have to fill a form stating reasons for wanting to redeploy/relocate and other details. An evidence will be required with the form submission as well as an application letter. The requirement for application for redeployment/relocation in Camp are:
  • Application Letter
  • Questionnaire stating particulars and reason for redeploying
  • Evidence for reason to redeploy (e.g Marriage Certificate or Health Certificate)

Online application for redeployment/relocation

You can also apply online for redeployment aside from the manual application on camp and some of the steps involved are:
  • Visit the NYSC portal
  • Sign in with your email and password; same as the ones you earlier used in registering on the portal
  • Click on "Relocation"
  • Fill in your details appropriately into the fields provided
  • Wait for notification either by SMS or email on your application status
  • If your application is approved, you'll be notified by SMS or email as well
  • If your application is approved, you can then print it out

How to print NYSC Online Relocation and Redeployment Letter

  • Visit the NYSC Portal
  • Log in with your details
  • Select "Manage Relocation"
  • Make payment
  • Print your payment receipt. It's your evidence of payment in case any unexpected issue arises latter
  • After payment you'll see an option to print redeployment/relocation letter
  • Print the letter and make a copy
  • Take it to your new State of deployment


Having known how to apply for redeployment or relocation on your NYSC portal or NYSC dashboard, it will be important for you to know that you can only redeploy once so choose carefully.

| Comments (0) | Views(394)

Add your comment

Other Posts
Emmason Integratded Services(2017-2024)
All Rights Reserved
Designed and Maintained By Emmason Integrated Services